Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
¼ cup full-fat dairy (heavy cream, half-and-half, whole milk, sour cream, crème fraîche or yogurt)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup (4 ounces) grated or crumbled cheese
1 10-ounce bag spinach, cooked and well-drained
1 small onion, sauteed
½ cup red pepper
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Bacon
, Herbes de Provence
, Spicy Blend
Extra Virgin Olive Oil)Notes
- Garnish: Chopped or torn fresh, leafy herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro, or dill)
- Additional ingredients: 3 cups cooked bacon or ham, 2 small shredded white or sweet potatoes.
- To make a larger batch, use the ratio 6 eggs to ¼ cup dairy.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and saute the garlic, onion, mushrooms, and spinach. Season with salt, to taste.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the dairy and salt. Whisk until the eggs are blended.
- Whisk in half of the cheese and vegetables.
Grease a 9 by 13″ pan, then pour the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (keep an eye on it), until the eggs are puffed and appear cooked, and the center of the frittata jiggles just a bit when you give it a gentle shimmy.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and place it on a cooling rack to cool.
- Garnish with herbs, slice with a sharp knife, and serve.
- Slice and serve by itself or alongside oven roasted potatoes or your favorite salad.