- Serves 12
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Meal Type Appetizer
- 24 pastry cups
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2lb beef steak ((approx))
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Durango Hickory-Smoked Salt *optional
- Optional: For a deeper flavor, marinate steak cubes for one hour in Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 Tbsp Espresso Balsamic Vinegar before sautéing.
- Step 1: Place 1 tsp blue cheese into each pastry cup. Set aside.
- Step 2: Cut steak into ½-inch cubes. On high heat, brown on all sides for approximately 3-4 minutes (the inside should be bright pink, or medium-rare). Place one piece meat into each cup, sprinkle with Smoked Salt and pepper. Drizzle with Balsamic and serve immediately.