Prep Time 35 minutes
Meal Type Pastas
Website Lite House Foods
- 2 tablespoons Wild Mushroom & Sage EVOO
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Shallot (chopped)
- 1lb Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Sage (chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups Cremini Mushrooms (Sliced)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2oz Fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
Prepare pasta according to the package directions for al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the garlic and shallot and saute for 2 minutes.
Add in the mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the white wine, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Continue to cook down the mushrooms and allow the wine to absorb, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth and continue to simmer to allow the broth to cook down, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and sage. If the pasta seems dry, add in some of the cooking water.
Place the pasta on a serving platter and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper, if desired.