Meal Type Main Dish
- 1/4 cup Garlic and Capers Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup pitted prunes (halved)
- 8 Small green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained if in liquid, rinsed and drained if in salt)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 chicken breasts (with bone, skin removed)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped, for garnish)
In a medium bowl combine the EVOO, prunes, capers, vinegar, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 10x15 inch baking dish. Add the chicken breasts, stir and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the dish from the refrigerator. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and pour white wine all around the chicken.
Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour, spooning juices over chicken several times as it is baking. Serve on a platter, pouring juices over the top, and garnish with fresh parsley.