Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Meal Type Side Dish
- 2 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil (chilled in freezer until semi-solid)
- 2/3 cups buttermilk
Are you looking for a recipe that makes super moist biscuits? Then look no further, our biscuit recipe will guarantee one of the best biscuits you've ever tasted. It makes a fantastic base for biscuits and gravy, or if you're fan of Red Lobster's cheddar bay biscuits, give our first variation a try!
1) Use Bacon flavored EVOO and add 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese to the batter.
2) Use A Taste of Olive Spicy Blend Olive Oil and add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese to the batter.
3) Use Herbs de Provence Olive Oil and sprinkle top with Lavender Rosemary sea salt before baking.
4) After removing from oven brush top lightly with melted butter and sprinkle top with Black Truffle Sea Salt.
Pre-heat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a baking sheet
Combine dry ingredients in with a fork in a small bowl
Add dry ingredients to cold olive oil and lightly blend together with the fork
Add buttermilk and blend until dough just comes together. Some small lumps are fine.
Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut out biscuits OR drop 1/4 cup batter on baking sheet about 2 inches apart for each biscuit
Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown