Yield: 5-6 Servings
Prep Time: 55 minutes
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
10 leaves kale, cut into ribbons
1 sweet potato, cubed and roasted
1 can chickpeas, drained and roasted
1 cup craisins
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
olive oil for roasting
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Drain the chickpeas, pour onto a baking sheet, and sprinkle with olive oil and salt.
3. Peel and cube the sweet potato. Place on a pan and drizzle olive oil and salt.
4. Heat the sweet potato and chickpeas in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
5. Rinse quinoa with a finely meshed strainer.
6. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and cook until all the water is absorbed, between 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Remove cover to allow quinoa to completely cool. Fluff with fork.
7. Add quinoa, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, craisins, and cheese to a large bowl.
8. Whisk together maple balsamic vinaigrette until emulsified and pour over the salad. Give it a generous toss and serve!