Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hours, 15 minutes
Meal Type Dessert
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 cup super-fine sugar
- 1 Zest lime
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
This olive oil cake will be your next big hit at a party!
Lightly coat a 9" round cake pan with olive oil. Line the pan with a wax paper circle cut to size and set aside.
Mix the yogurt, olive oil, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, and eggs in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently stir into the above batter until just blended.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 45 minutes or until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan onto a rack.
While still warm finish top with either of these options:
1) Combine 1 Tablespoon lime zest with 2 Tablespoons Sugar in the Raw and sprinkle over the top.
2) Brush the top with Key Lime Jalapeno Balsamic Vinegar for a slight kick, then sprinkle sugar/zest mixture over the top.