This Saturday, November 26, 2016, is Small Business Saturday, a nationwide day to celebrate and support small businesses and their impact on their communities.
Already in its 6th year, Small Business Saturday has become one of the most popular shopping days of the year. Last year, 95 million people decided to shop small for their holiday shopping on Small Business Saturday!
Here are five reasons to shop small this holiday season:
- Your Friends and Family Will Love Your Unique Presents. Skip the big box stores full of crowds, mass-produced items, and pushy associates for a better buying experience this year. When you shop small, you’ll find a larger variety of truly one-of-kind, long-lasting gifts that are a statement of your community.
- Your Tax Dollars Stay Local. According to Andersonville Study of Retail Economics, “For every $100 you spend at locally owned businesses, $68 will stay in the community. What happens when you spend that same $100 at a national chain? Only $43 stays in the community."
- You’ll Invest in Your Community. Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally, and provide the most jobs to residents locally. They’re more likely to support other small businesses and give back to local charities.
- You Go Green When You Go Local. Small business means all around smaller; less land use and parking lots, small suppliers, less travel for the customers, and lower air pollution from deliveries compared to bigger chain stores.
- You’ll Have a Better Shopping Experience. What could be better than supporting your local economy, finding unique gifts, unparalleled customer service, and a fun day of shopping? On Small Business Saturday, a majority of small businesses offer special one-day only giveaways and specials. In fact, for every $50 you spend, you get $5 back for your next visit during the holidays when you shop at A Taste of Olive locations this Saturday.*
We aren’t the only ones celebrating Small Business Saturday this weekend, find participating local businesses here. Whether you're heading to West Chester this Saturday or your hometown, we hope you consider shopping small!
Don't Forget Cyber Monday!
Every order placed on Cyber Monday will receive a sample of one of our holiday favorites. It's our way of saying thank you and sharing a little bit of what we love with our customers.
*Price before tax. In store purchases only. Good before January 1st, 2017.