Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1. Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until vinegar is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add in shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in reduced balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, honey, brown sugar, mustard, molasses, Worcestershire, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and let cook until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Season with sea salt and additional pepper to taste.
4. For a smoother sauce, puree with an immersion blender, or in the jar of a regular blender, until smooth.
5. Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a month.