Fresh Apple Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Roasted French Walnut Oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped cooking apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cinnamon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together sugar, oil, and eggs. Sift the dry ingredients and add to mixture.
- Stir in chopped apples and nuts.
- Bake in a greased 9 x 13-in. pan for 45 minutes. Let sit until cool enough to touch.
- In a small pan combine sugars and butter. Bring mixture to a boil and add Vinegar and vanilla. Pour sauce over warm cake and serve!