The Best Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Cookies
Yield: 4 dozen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 3 ounces good dark chocolate
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break the chocolate into large chunks by hammering lightly while chocolate is still in the wrapper. Set aside.
- Beat together olive oil and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and then add to the olive oil mixture, stirring well. Stir in the oats along with the chocolate chunks and chopped walnuts.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on a cookie sheet and then remove to a rack. Enjoy one while they still hot!