Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Brush each side of chicken breast extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Brush grill lightly with olive oil. Place chicken on grill and cook (with the lid closed) 5 - 8 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
4. Baste chicken generously with balsamic barbecue sauce during the last few minutes of grilling (reserve some sauce for dipping in a separate container so you don’t contaminate sauce while basting chicken). Serve warm.
1. Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until vinegar is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add in shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in reduced balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, honey, brown sugar, mustard, molasses, Worcestershire, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and let cook until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Season with sea salt and additional pepper to taste.
4. For a smoother sauce, puree with an immersion blender, or in the jar of a regular blender, until smooth.
5. Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a month.