Lemon Lavender Stuffed Chicken
March 20, 2019
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Lavender Balsamic Vinegar
- Filet your chicken breasts by slicing vertically down the side but not all the way through.
- Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap and pound out with a meat tenderizer until about 1/4″ thick.
- Sauté onion, yellow bell pepper, and garlic until they begin to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Can use lemon-infused olive oil for extra lemon flavor.
- Juice lemon. Add to mixing bowl with onion mixture and goat cheese. Combine until smooth.
- Scoop 1/2 of filling into each filleted chicken breast.
- Close breasts and secure with toothpicks – This part can get a little messy, but that’s ok!!!!
- Coat in egg wash then bread crumbs.
- Place in the frying pan with EVOO at medium heat.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Put the chicken in an oven-safe pan or dish and cook in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes to finish cooking the chicken.
- Serve with Taste of Olive Lavender Balsamic – drizzle on top or serve on the side.
- Absolutely delicious with a side arugula salad and goat cheese mashed potatoes
Recipe and photo by Dana Marie Boyes.