Black Bean Soup
Servings: 8 (2 quarts)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup tomato salsa; save some to garnish
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place 1 tablespoon of Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the pan. Saute the celery and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- Heat the salsa in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and broth, then heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then spoon half of the soup into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Return the pureed soup to the saucepan and heat through.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, additional salsa, a drizzle of Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil, green onions, and cilantro.
- Serve with warm crusty bread for dipping.
Note: Drizzle Habanero Olive Oil for a kick of heat.