Pommes A L'Huile (French Potato Salad)
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt, to taste
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, in salted water. When they are cooked but still firm, drain and place in a large bowl. As soon as they are cool, cut them into 1/8" chunks.
- Mix together the vinegar and olive oil to make a vinaigrette. Pour over the hot potatoes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and then toss till well-mixed.