Roasted Beet Salad
March 24, 2021
- Beet wedges
- 2 clementine oranges segmented. Remove membrane if desired.
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds of pine nuts
- 3 cups dark green of your choice (Fresh Dinosaur Kale thinly sliced, baby spinach or arugula)
- Whisk together:
- ¼ cup Rosemary Olive Oil
- ½ cup Honey Pepper Balsamic
- 1 tsp honey
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Start this salad by roasting 2 to 2 ½ lbs of fresh beets at 425 degrees for 55 minutes.
- First, wash and pat dry unpeeled beets
- Place on a foil sheet and generously coat with 1 Tbsp Rosemary Olive Oil. Seal beets in a foil package and place in a small roasting pan and roast until done. Remove skin from beets (skin will slide off easily) and cut into wedges.
- Place greens and other salad ingredients in a shallow salad bowl.
- Drizzle on vinaigrette and toss gently. Serve immediately. If desired, serve extra dressing on the side.