Keep it Cool with A Taste of Olive
August 01, 2020
Between the 90 degree days and endless humidity, we are in need of ways to beat the heat, and we’re sure you are too! While we’d love to be by a pool or at the beach 24/7, that’s not really possible this summer. Instead, we turn to our kitchen to keep us cool even on the hottest of days.
In the summer, we always keep a cool drink within reach. Need an alternative to sugary drinks? Infuse your water by placing cut-up fruit in water for a few hours or overnight and add a splash of a fruity agretti or white balsamic vinegar and seltzer for a refreshing healthy drink. Try some of our favorite combos:
- Raspberries, Mint, and Raspberry Agretti
- Peach, Plum, Mint, and Plum Agretti Wine Vinegar
- Watermelon, Basil, and Watermelon White Balsamic Vinegar
- Peaches, Strawberries, and Ripe Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
- Kiwi, Strawberries, and Rose White Balsamic
- Grapefruit and Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Once you find out how simple it is to make your own sorbet or popsicles, you may never go back! It is a perfect way to use all of those beautiful peaches, berries, and melons you’ve picked up from the farmers’ markets.
- Avocado toast isn’t the only talk of the town. From savory to sweet, our products offer enough combinations to cover every day of the week. We love these combinations:
- Ricotta, lemon zest, Lemon Curd, fresh berries, and Blueberry Chardonnay Balsamic Glaze
- Apple, Vanilla Bean Infused Raw Honey, and blue cheese
- Goat cheese and Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Tapenade
- Sliced apricots, chevre, and Benjamin Gregory Scented Port Wine Cranberry Walnut Conserve
Spicy Tomato Bacon Jam, tomatoes, sliced mozzarella, and Pesto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brie, apple, walnuts, Roasted French Walnut Oil, and Maple Syrup.
- A bite into a juicy tomato or red pepper can feel like a desert on a summer’s day. What’s the best pairing for your farm fresh veggies? Instead of a heavy, hot meal, try a medley of appetizers for dinner or a snack: a Classic Bruschetta, creamy hummus, or Spinach and Parmesan Dip.
What are your favorite summer treats?